Re: recent version

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 06:53:11PM +0400, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 17:34 +0300, Matti Aarnio wrote:
>
> > I bet that you get the result, because  -I sub-contentfilter  process
> > does crash.  It does also explain, why the second   fdpass_sendfd()
> > yields "Broken Pipe", as the fd that the contentfilter process is
> > listening to is all the sudden rather dead...
>
> It happens if I try to use *socket* interface.  Zmscanner is not running
> as a child of smtpserver.  Do you mean that "sub-contentfilter"
> processes still should be running?  If yes, why?  I think that this
> thing should be disabled in socket case?

It is access multiplexer, which may or may not be usefull thing
in this case.  It sure is usefull for subprocess mode (makes
e.g. perl scanner use cheaper.)  In subprocess mode it is
also secure against external users asking it to scan something
that it should not.  I hope your zmscanner is secure against
such problems.

For the socket mode ...  yes, the socket server (whatever is there)
gets the job multiplexing problem.

Ok, I did reconstruct things so that it asks at first, if the
'contentfilter' is a socket, or regular file.  If it is a regular
one, then a multiplexer server starts, and gets used.  If it isn't,
then presumtion is that it is a named AF_UNIX socket, and client
instance will do connect to it.

> > It is friday evening, and I opened a can of beer.  I really should not
> > code for next few hours...  (sure I produce a lot of code after a sip,
> > but damn I need lots more time to debug the stuff..)
>
> Have a nice weekend :-)
> As for me, I'll be switching back to previous version until next week.

Sometime next week I will head out to sea for some off-net R & R,
a week or two...