Solved: ZMailer 2.99.55p1 procmail local delivery problem

I had an odd problem with an installation of 2.99.55p1 on a Solaris 8
machine.  When I defined the delivery agent to be "procm" (procmail),
local deliveries just hung and never happened.  A closer look at the
scheduler log showed that something was giving a signal 11
(segmentation fault) when the scheduler attempted delivery.

When I first was writing this message, I was going to ask for help.
But, before I hit "send", a thought occurred to me and it turned out
to be a good one.  The "sm" transport agent binary built by the gcc
v. 3.3.2 compiler was bad and I replaced it with one from another
machine built by an earlier version of gcc.  Problem solved.  Moral:
beware of the apparently buggy gcc v. 3.3.2 (at least on Sparc.)

Cheers,

--
Roy Bixler <rcb@ucp.uchicago.edu>
The University of Chicago Press