FW: SMTP AUTH policy

I've skipped the list address, sorry...

.m

-----Original Message-----
From: Marek Kowal
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 10:22 PM
To: 'Jeff Warnica'
Subject: RE: SMTP AUTH policy

Until the compulsory SMTP AUTH was introduced, that had no difference at
all. Now, that the policy is in place, individual users switched
immediately, as they couldn't send any emails at all. But the the list
admins are ruluctant to swich - usually they send the response back to
the users similar to this one: it was working until now, it is still
working for most of the users, it is the problem of your site, not ours.
After I nail them down they offer this stupid solution to let the
letters thru if the receipient belongs to my site. I am strongly against
it, but still - one might be mistaken ;-) Hence I am asking your
opinion.

Cheers,
marek