Re: spamcop blacklisting servers for misdirected DSN messages

acli@ada.dhs.org wrote:
> Daryle A. Tilroe <daryle@micralyne.com> wrote:
>
>>>What spamcop does is simply telling me that they don't know
>>>what they are doing (while pretending to provide a useful
>>>service to people). I wouldn't trust these people in any way.
>>
>>I must admit I don't see this as necessarily bad thing to be
>>attempting to do on spamcop's part.  How can we best deal
>>with spam being delivered via forged bounces?
>

> Yes, but spamcop *will be* (because of their stubborn stance
> and the increase in spamming/virus activity) blocking sites with
> Reason 3 means they will be blocking my work site soon, because
> I use Cyrus IMAP and there's absolutely no way for me to make my
> ZMailer reject invalid addresses during the SMTP transaction.

So how then can we stop these bounces?  I can only see doing
some checking on the headers to see if the sender/reply to is
supported by the Received headers; and suppressing bounces if
it isn't.  My procmail scripts do this for all the virus stuff.
Perhaps piping all unmatched local email through a catch all
account with procmail handing a more sophisticated response
behaviour is the way to hack it?

--
Daryle A. Tilroe