Re: spamcop blacklisting servers for misdirected DSN messages

Eugene Crosser wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 03:37, Daryle A. Tilroe wrote:
>
>>And, of course, is this the only solution for right now?  I.E.
>>is there no way to hack the rejection at SMTP conversation time?
>
> If I understand right, once you have 'PARAM enable-router' you get
> messages for non-existent users rejected at smtp session (unless you
> also have ROUTEUSER_IN_ABNORMAL_UNIX set to non-empty value).
>
> For me, spawning router for every 'rcpt to' address would be too
> costly...

I did not realize this was already possible.  Should really RTFM a
bit more once in a while :).  How serious is the security issue
it describes in smtpserver.conf?  I am assuming that with a modest
100 users on the system doubling the router load should not be too
bad.  That is the impact isn't it?  Having to run the router once
during the smtp conversation and once more to process the email.

--
Daryle A. Tilroe