Re: A potential way to cut down on spam.

Eugene Crosser wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 21:12, Neal Morgan wrote:
>

>>Nonetheless, I get pretty good results by rejecting based on "mailbox
>>doesn't exist" messages in syslog.  I accumulate "points" by IP address:
>>
>>- messages with many recipients and many bad users get the highest points,
>>- messages with many recipients and two or less bad users get less points,
>>- messages with one recipient that's bad gets one point
>>
>>Accumulate too many points over a specified period and the IP is added to
>>my RBL zone file.  It's not perfect, but at least I'm doing something.
>>

>We use different scoring model, and different way of throttling (make
>smtp server appear very slow rather than reject message), but otherwize,
>I too think that "dynamic reactive" approach is the most useful one.
>
>Anyone knows a popular forum/maillist where such issues are discussed?
>
>Eugene

Oh well another fine idea all shot to hell :(

I guess it it time to try and lobby my local politician to repeal the
murder laws as it relates to spammers.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)585-9971
Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)785-3668