A potential way to cut down on spam.

One of the guys here came up with a suggestion that we are going to try
that may cut down on the spam load we suffer from.

His idea is to report a temproary failure on the first time a new server
connects to send mail to a given user. The idea being that a spammer
will drop the message and just go on to the next victim but a real
mailer will try again in a couple of minutes. Then once this
connection:user pair is blessed the rest of the messages can be taken
without any further waiting.

We are going to run this up at some point and give it a try but it may
take a bit of time before we can find the time. So I thought I would
post the suggestion and see if anybody has any comments or has tried
this before.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)785-4051
Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)785-3668