Re: sloppy option

El 21 Nov 2003 a las 14:13, Bartek Krajnik escribió:

> rfc821:
> MAIL <SP> FROM:<reverse-path> <CRLF>
>
> Do rfc's 1846 and 2645 are written with mistakes?

Yes, evidently... take into account that SMTP is defined in RFC821 or,
the newer release, in RFC2821, which states:
   Syntax:
      "MAIL FROM:" ("<>" / Reverse-Path)
                       [SP Mail-parameters] CRLF

and, if you are to implement an SMTP client or server, you are expected
to follow it.

RFCs 1846 & 2645 define extensions to the SMTP protocol (in fact, 1846 is
considered merely experimental) but are not expected to define
incompatible basic protocol functioning... so you could say that they
were "sloppy" written :-)

Regards.

--
Mariano Absatz