Re: smtp ta problem? (was: Re: hotmail problem... again :-( )

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 01:11:41PM -0300, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anyone looked at this?

Damn, I have overlooked this..

> I have a customer yelling at me because he's getting loads of bounces like
> this one from hotmail and he's blaming our mailer... and the worst part is
> that I'm think he's right!

Yes, most confusing report message.

It isn't FAILURE, it is a report telling that DSN reporting
will not continue beyond that message, as HOTMAIL does not
support DSN facility.

The key is this line:

    RELAYED (into system not supporting DSN facility):

The report subject (and the first part in overall) are generated by
the file:
   $MAILSHARE/forms/delivery

Do edit that file.
Change the subject to be something like:
    HDR Subject: Reporte de Envío  / Delivery Report(s):

Oh, and mind you that to put non-US-ASCII chars in there, you have
pre pre-encode them in MIME-header encoder tokens.  That is:
    HDR Subject: Reporte de =?iso-8859-1?Q?Env=EDo?=  /
    HDR          Delivery Report(s):

Send a test message to yourself with about any MIME-encoding capable
email client, and observe proper encoding.  (I used mutt, YMMV...)

... cut a lot ...