LMTP via socket (was: "virtual" local users)

Matti Aarnio [mailto:mea@nic.funet.fi] wrote:

>>>Do use  "fqdnaliases"  mapping mechanism for that.
>>>   virtual-user@virtual.domain:  lmtp-user@lmtp.server
>>>
>>>Add to that a routes  entry:
>>>   lmtp.server   smtp-lmtp!lmtp.server

>P.S. As far as I understand, Zmailer and Cyrus-IMAPd both
>can support local mail delivery via LMTP protocol well.
>So, I'll try to map _all_ 'localmail' to lmtp-smtp/* .

 I have a serious problem to integrate Zmailer and Cyrus-IMAPd
to perform delivery via LMTP.

 The main trouble : LMTP delivery in Cyrus-IMAPd via Inet-socket
MUST be authentificated as 'cyrus' (or other IMAP administrator).
However, you sholdn't be authentificated while LMTP delivery via
local Unix-socket (the Cyrus `deliver` programm is just a front-end
for this local Unix-socket)

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200212/msg03572.htm

 Cyrus-IMAP LMTP daemon can support both Inet- and Unix- sockets.

=== cyrus.conf ===
# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/lib/imap/sockets
SERVICES {
  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
  lmtp          cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1

 As far as I understand, Zmailer's `smtp -M -p...` (LMTP) transport can
use Inet-sockets only, not Unix-sockets...  :(

--
-=AV=-