RE: "virtual" local users

Matti Aarnio [mailto:mea@nic.funet.fi] wrote:

>>  Unfortunately, I have problem with this "virtual" local user with
>> zmailer `router` program. This `router` is trying to chech user has a

>> system account.
>
>Do use  "fqdnaliases"  mapping mechanism for that.
>
>   virtual-user@virtual.domain:  lmtp-user@lmtp.server

 I have about 10.000 users....

 Finally I've found a ROUTEUSER_IN_ABNORMAL_UNIX=y
variable. It does exactly I need. It just disables checking
of ~homedirectory (and checking of presence a user in
"/etc/passwd" too).

1) Is it possible to add some notes about this "magic feature"
Into Zmailer DOC/FAQ/HOWTO ? Unfortunately this variable isn't
well documented now...

2) Please, add a note about ROUTEUSER_IN_ABNORMAL_UNIX
into "./doc/guides/cyrus-imap". Most IMAP sites deploys non-local
authentification mech (cyrus-sasl-db, sashtauthd, mysql e.t.c. e.t.c.)

P.S.
[root@on zmailer-2.99.55]# find . -type f | xargs grep
ROUTEUSER_IN_ABNORMAL_UNIX

--