Re: Suppressing error-on-error

(first some comments, then my "no changed code, just configuration"
 silencers..)

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 11:23:35AM -0300, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> I don't know if this works or anything but, supposing you absolutely don't
> _ever_ want to look into anything that might be generated in
> /var/postoffice/postman... wouldn't (with zmailer stopped):
> rm -rf /var/postoffice/postman
> ln -s /dev/null /var/postoffice/postman
> work?

  in router  squirrel()  that might do some harm,
  and in scheduler it might upset something, too.

  Files are moved/linked into that directory, so
  having a symlink to /dev/null will block it, most definitely.

> Or will it blow everything out?
> Sorry if this totally nonsense, it just crossed my mind
> reading this thread :-)

At  $MAILSHARE/router.cf   file  there are couple
calls to internal   "squirrel"  function (setting it up):

  #
  # Configure error logging (squirrel)
  #
  squirrel -breakin
  squirrel badheader

Change that second one to:  squirrel -badheader
and  postman  won't get those files (that most are..)

Then in   $MAILSHARE/forms/delivery  file:

  HDR From: The Post Office <postmaster>
  HDR Sender:	mailer-daemon
  SUB Subject: Returned mail: see the transcript

add following line to the top:

  ADR Bcc: <nobody> (recipient of error-on-error reports)

No code changes, just configurations.
After that, there should be only things really needing checking
in that directory.