Re: Suppressing error-on-error

Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 06:04:40PM +0100, Alex Kiernan wrote:
> > Is there any way I can suppress generation of error-on-error messages
> > in the postman directory?
> >
> > We're using ZMailer to collect bounces & we're ending up with vast
> > numbers of messages in postman/ as a result of double bounces which
> > frankly we're never going to look at.
> >
> > If not, how should I go about adding it?
>
> Maybe a daily cron run:
>
>   find /var/postoffice/postman -type f -mtime +6 -print | xargs rm -f
>
> Codewise, there is magic 3-value playing with "no_error_report" variable
> in  scheduler/msgerror.c  file.

My reading is that its non-zero if its an error message, starting at 1
before its decided if it has any real recipients to deliver it to,
changing to -1 when its found real recipients. So checking for it
being 1 after coming out of writeheader() looks like the right kind of
spot to add code.

--
Alex Kiernan, Principal Engineer, Development, THUS plc