Re: multiple PARAM BindAddress in smtpserver.conf

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 06:04:19PM -0300, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently using 2 instances of smtpserver listening on different
> interfaces on the same machine. This is configured on 2 different
> smtpserver.conf files.
>
> One says:
>   PARAM BindAddress       iface:eth0
> And the other one:
>   PARAM BindAddress       iface:eth0:1
>
> Now, I need to add a third interface (eth1) which should be served by one of
> these instances... but apparently, I can only use "PARAM BindAddress" once
> (the last "PARAM BindAddress" line is the one that takes precedence).
>
> Is there a way to specify multiple interfaces (or IP addresses, for that
> matter) in one "PARAM BindAddress" line?

Presently: No.

It shouldn't be all that difficult to do, though.
Instead of single bind-address storage, a chain of storages
could be used.  Hmm...

> Or I will have to create a third instance of smtpserver with identical
> configuration to one of the ones I already have, safe for the "PARAM
> BindAddress" line?

Yes.

I have thought of altering the  smtpserver configuration syntax
to be more like what  ISC's dhcpd  or  named  use.

If I were to make such a change, scheduler would receive the same
treatment, I think.   And perhaps also Transport Agents.

But alas, I think I will simply make it possible to define
multiple binds by doing chained (or something like it)
address lists.

There are a number of things in the listen() code, which
are asking for streamlining at the same time.