Re: Proposed ESMTP extension to help lessen the impact of spam

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 06:16:22AM +0000, Marc A. Pelletier wrote:
> Hello.
>
> In the course of my research project, I have drafted a simple ESMTP
> extension to help attenuate the pressure of spam.  I would like
> implementors from the well known MTAs to comment on the I-D of the
> extension for form and substance.  In other words, feel free to point
> out any horrible flaws, implementation nightmares, or unlikely strokes
> of genius in it.
> Because of ill timing, my draft was sent to the IETF during the hiatus
> caused by the impending meeting; and will therefore not be available
> from their I-D directory until July 18.  Since this is a mailing list I
> will refrain from including the draft itself with this email--  I will
> send it to anyone who asks or to this address if requested.  I wouldn't
> want to-- err-- spam you.  :)

  In many IETF work groups I have taken part in the past, we did
  publish the drafts at document editors convenient site, once
  that was at zmailer.org, when the rfc-editor was taking up one
  of those hiatuses.  The documents were always sent to the rfc-editor
  as well, but first view was made available elsewere...

  Just put it on the web (or FTP), and tell us the URL.