Re: DSN success report From address

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 02:44:04PM +0200, Mike Acar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently built and installed a fresh version of 2.99.55-patch1
> (with our modifications) on a new file server. I (thought, at least)
> that I had copied over all of our configuration files, but I've
> discovered that when our home-grown mailing list software asks for a
> success DSN, zmailer generates one which is from <postmaster>, instead
> of <postmaster@trolltech.com>. I've done some diffing and even dug a
> little into the source code, but I can't find an obvious place where
> this this address is set.

Just to clean things out of my "forgoten things to reply pipe"..
(I had private emails with Mike.)

Once upon a time (originally, that is), the   crossbar.cf  determined
that the rewriter for   local ->  local   addresses is  'intramachine',
which didn't add domain name to rewritten headers at all.

For quite a while the rewriter has been set to be:  'internet'
which should add  $mydomain   value (from  mail.conf)  to the
visible address.

Comparing what Mike reported, and what I see the system to be doing,
I am not sure that Mike should see domainless source address at all!