Re: sender blocking policy problem

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 09:28:01AM -0400, Cheeman Leung wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Debian zmailer 2.99.55-3 and having trouble setting up the
> blocking policy. What I wanted to do is to allow only certain
> sender(s) from a certain domain but disallow the rest. In the
> smtp-policy.src file, I setup an entry like this:
>
> .	rejectsource -

You can't make "." define other than what the boiler plate shows.
Non-defined 'rejectsource' acts exactly like 'rejectsource -', so
in essence all versions of  smtp-policy.src  "." templates are
equivalent in this regard.  However there are other things that
_must_ be defined, leaving them unset isn't ok!

Actually we need macroes for those boilerplate defaults, so that
other users may refer to them a bit easier..  Hmm..
  .            = _default_dot
  [0.0.0.0]/0  = _default_ip
and alike macro labels into original  ".". and "[0.0.0.0]/0" lines.

The policy scripts are supposed to run like these:
(from beginning of  policy-builder.sh  script)

# This merges following files from $MAILVAR/db/ directory:
#       smtp-policy.src
#       localnames               ('= _localnames')
#       smtp-policy.relay.manual ('= _full_rights')
#       smtp-policy.relay        ('= _full_rights')
#       smtp-policy.mx.manual    ('= _relaytarget')
#       smtp-policy.mx           ('= _relaytarget')
#       smtp-policy.spam         ('= _bulk_mail')
#       smtp-policy.spam.manual  ('= _bulk_mail')

> .somedomain.com	rejectsource +

  Ok, standard location for this is 'smtp-policy.spam*', which lines
  are processed to the  smtp-policy.dat  by appending  '= _buld_mail'
  token pair to each line.

> user@somedomain.com	rejectsource -

  There isn't quite this kind of macro at all.
  Most likely this particular one needs that (nonexistent)
	= _default_dot

> Zmailer is definitely blocking the somedomain.com domain. But it is not
> letting user@somedomain.com to pass thru.
>
> Did I setup something incorrectly or there are some other ways to do it?

  The "man smtpserver"  man-page shows how you can test the policy code.
  Have you looked into it ?  Have you tried it ?