Warning about last week's CVS ...

On 21st (wednesday) I reworked at smtp TA's internal
job pickup loop, and it wasn't until friday that things
finally stabilized.

If you picked up code during that time, you may have
SMTP TAs running in busyish loops of essentially:
   MAIL FROM:<...some..address...>
   RSET

Repeating the same thing over and over again.

You see it (among others) when  "mailq -Q" listing shows
processes with HUGE value at  HA=   field.  (Over around
2000 seconds -- if a message delivery (attempt) takes even
that long, something is amiss...)    It can be quite normal
to have even longer values at FA= entry field.

Simultaenous "SNMP counter" addition task has been completed
to something in order of 95% -- counting those counters...
Doing those actual missing counters and gauges is a lot more
challenging task inside the   smtp-ta  program's complicated
state flows under PIPELINING conditions.

... and I am constantly reminded of "that would be nice thing to
count too" ..   Like it is amazing to notice that around 70%
of incoming SMTP greets with "HELO", and mere 30% does it with
"EHLO"!  Simultaneously around 99% of outgoing traffic succeeds
in using "EHLO" greeting.