Re: local delivery - localdoesdomain?

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 05:34:10PM -0400, Alex Perel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This has probably been asked in the past, and if anyone has a link to
> relevant documentation, I would be eternally grateful. My own searches
> didn't yield anything.
>
> I am trying to prevent my zmailer server from relaying mail addressed to
> something of the form <"someone@else"@localhost>. I've tried fiddling with
> various options to mailbox, router, the scheduler.conf file, the
> localdoesdomain switch in router.cf, all to no end.
>
> Is there a way to toggle this? If not, what do I need to modify to get these
> types of deliveries to bounce?

The deliveries should, definitely, bounce (from  mailbox channel delivery,
that is.)  If you want to have them bounce from smtpserver interactive
processing, THAT is entirely another pickle...

(I pulled version 2.99.50-s3, and installed it separately to test things.)

z# rtrace
z# router '"someone@else"@localhost'
    router '"someone@else"@localhost'
        return (return (((smtp localhost '"someone@else"@localhost' default_attributes)))) <0>
(((smtp localhost '"someone@else"@localhost' default_attributes)))
z#

In the   $MAILSHARE/cf/aliases.cf   file around lines 425-440 the end of
routeuser()  function, there is:

	case "$user" in
	uid#*)	return $(rrouter postmaster "$host" $attr "" "$domain")
		;;
	esac

	case x$POBOX in
	x)	db add expansions "$key" local
		if [ -z "$localdoesdomain" ]; then
			domain=""
		fi
		quad=($chan $host "$user$plustail$domain" $attr)
		return (($quad))
		;;
	esac

	return (((error err.nosuchuser "$user$plustail$domain" $attr)))
}

Normal execution path returns that composed quad.

Now if you want the incoming smtp to reject those, you need to
add following in front of that case:

    if [ -z "$homedir" ] ; then
	return (((error err.nosuchuser "$user$plustail$domain" $attr)))
    fi

which would then explicitely return reject for nonexistent users, when
used with  smtpserver.conf  style-flags:

    *   999 ftveR

What I _am_ a bit worried is the way how interactive router gets
its input data in that version you are running.  There are some
dangers in there up to, and including various instances of 2.99.50.

My   buglog  page says this:

<H2>ZMailer 2.99.50s17 (10-May-1999)</H2>

<A HREF="securitybug.html">A security bug at smtpserver</A> was found,
and cured at this version, anything older is not listed.