Re: Content filtering

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 01:55:53PM +0300, Eino Tuominen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We are going to implement a spam identification cluster in university
> environment. I want to run messages through spamassassin, at least, so,
> that messages identified as spam would have e.g. X-Spam: yes -header
> added. Does anybody have implemented system alike or have any
> suggestions how to implement this with ZMailer?

It has been referred at several times this spring.
See the list archive:
	http://www.zmailer.org/mhalist/2003/threads.html
Subjects:
	How I did integrate Virus Scanner to ZMailer
	MailScanner
	New fields in control files?

I recently added   zmailer.conf  ZENV variables
	INPUTDIRS
	INPUTDIRHASH
	INPUTNOTIFY
which help adding optional scanners in before the router.
I haven't tested those at all.  If course..

An alternate would be, IMO, to run a small program (possibly
integrated function), that contacts steadily running
scanner server(s), and informs it, something like:
	SCAN /full/path/to/spool/123-456
which then does the work, and returns some state:
	200 fine, handled
	400 I feel ill...
	500 can't access the file

> Has anyone tried any Bayesian filter, like SpamBayes, for instance?
>
> I'm trying to keep us inventing another wheel... ;-)

  "keep us from" ?