Re: more cleaning

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 06:21:10PM +0400, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> Matti,
>
> I suspect that zgetbindaddr.c was not added to the CVS.

  It is,   but I did commmit it today, not yesterday evening...
  (I forgot...)

> I have another semi-cosmetic thing here.  "make install" never worked
> for me in respect to man pages.  I *think* that the patch below does the
> right thing.  With it, you can specify "./configure --mandir=..." as
> with other autoconfed packages.

  No.  That doesn't change a thing.  You can still define
	  ./configure --mandir=...
  but usually I don't, nor the  configure script is able to determine
  automagically what path prefix the system uses for man-pages.
  Its internal defaults are stupid.  Very stupid.

  Ok, I tried configuring it manually:

  man/Makefile:

#prefix=        /opt/mail
MANDIR=         ${prefix}/usr/share/man
TOPDIR=         ..
S=              $(srcdir)
INSTALL=        /usr/bin/install -c

  Now when I do virtual-root installation, I do:

make install prefix=/tmp/zmailerpkg/

  And things just drop in correctly...
  (Except of  utils/perl/  things, which are very new...)