Re: Exclude IP or mailserver name from rbl lookup

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 09:14:45AM -0600, Daryle A. Tilroe wrote:
> Matti Aarnio wrote:
> > I usually list my priority serviced customer networks/hosts
> > with IP address/net literals in   smtp-policy.relay   file.
> > Those will never get RBL lookups.  Often they don't get
> > any other verifications either.
>
> I initially thought of this but for my problem, excluding
> a customer's mta from blacklist lookup, it is not the
> correct solution.  I do not want to allow them to relay
> through us.

Right.  If I were you, I would:

a) use third RBL variant:

  #| Third RBL variant: Late block with RBL+DUL+RSS
  _rbl0          rcpt-dns-rbl      +:.....
  _rbl1          test-rcpt-dns-rbl +

b) Build another aliases:

  _default_ip_norbl   relaycustomer - acceptifmx - senderokwithdns +

which is straight copy from  "[0.0.0.0]/0"  label entry without
its "= _rbl0" suffix.

Then put

  [1.2.3.0]/24  = _default_ip_norbl

address labels into   smtp-policy.relay(.manual)  file.

The trick is, that "=" refrerral operator is not recursive!
That is, items following it in produced database will be ignored:

  [1.2.3.0]/24 = _default_ip_norbl = _full_rights

That "_full_rights" 'macro' won't have effect at all.
(Consider '=' as "jump", the result is that a global buffer
 gets overwritten in the interpreter, and there is nowhere
 to return to...)