Re: Exclude IP or mailserver name from rbl lookup

Matti Aarnio wrote:

> I usually list my priority serviced customer networks/hosts
> with IP address/net literals in   smtp-policy.relay   file.
> Those will never get RBL lookups.  Often they don't get
> any other verifications either.

I initially thought of this but for my problem, excluding
a customer's mta from blacklist lookup, it is not the
correct solution.  I do not want to allow them to relay
through us.  In this particular instance it probably was
not a big hole but consider the case where a person might
want to exclude a large ISP block from RBL lookups because
they have temporarily got them selves on, say, the spamcop
blacklist.  I do not want to create a large open relay for
all their customers just to make sure I get email from them
while they get off the blacklist.

--
Daryle A. Tilroe