Re: New fields in control files?

I was away from the internet for a few days, and immediately people get
worried,  when I don't answer immediately   (snow on slopes + skis ...)

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 04:19:16PM +0200, Marek Kowal wrote:
> How to append new headers into processed mail in router in such a way that
> they get appended to new headers in control file, but the process does not
> involve rewriting the "original" file in router directory?

A good question.  There is a way to kill headers we don't like, but
there is presently no way to add new headers without making new code.

The place where transport-level meta-data (with new headers) are written
into transport control file is  router/rfc822.c:  sequencer()

How, indeed, can some external(?) utility to feed new headers into
the message.  They need (possibly) be replicated in the sequencer()
into all subset headers.  (Each different "channel" value forms its
own groups.)