Re: How I did integrate Virus Scanner to ZMailer

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 21:48, Mariano Absatz wrote:

> What would be helpful in zmailer (either for this or other kind of stuff you
> could eventually want to do in the queue) is that either smtpserver or router
> could be configured (either thru command line or config file) to use a
> different directory than "router" for output or input respectively.

I think this is trivial to do by just specifying proper smtpserver
arguments in zmailer.cf.

Although, this approach would kill any high-traffic system.  Creating
and then removing half dozen extra files for every accepted message is
not an option.  I would rather see a contentfilter-like interface that
would connect to a unix-domain socket instead of spawning a process, and
a (possibly multithreaded) scanning server that would mmap() the queue
file, parse its MIME structure in memory, creating temporary files
*only* when it encounters a huge mime part, and scan decoded parts in
memory or on disk with a virus scanner library (like that of clamav).
Thus, we will typically need to create zero or one extra file per
message, rarely more.

--
Eugene Crosser, head of Internet Applications section, +7 501 787 1000
ROL, Teleross, Golden Telecom, http://user.rol.ru/~crosser/