Re: Ldap based mail routing..

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 10:56:36AM +0100, Andrzej Kwiatkowski wrote:
> I would like to use zmailer as my MTA. But i need to setup mail routing
> based on attribute mailhost in my LDAP database. For example:
>
> In mail envelope RCPT TO is recipient@server.com.
>
> I search in ldap where
> (|(mail=recipient@server.com)(mailAlias=recipient@server.com)) and mail
> must be sent to server which is in mailhost attribute. If no entry is
> found.. mail is sent to mx record..
>
> Have got any idea ??

Yes.  Writing new  i-ldaproute.cf  and  p-ldaproute.cf  files
for the router.  Then adding  'ldaproute'  as one element of
your  router.cf  protocols=  definition.

The   I  file contains mechanism initializations,  and  P  file
has the call entry point.

I happen to need such a thing myself quite soon...
I might as well write it now.

Challenge is in making sensible  ldap  interface specification,
and using it.

More after some sleep, and coding...

 --

Oh,  no, that is actually calling for   fqdnroute-like thing..
It needs definitely smart 'relation' statement parameters,

 ..

and now that sleep...