Re: not expiring ?

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 08:57:52PM +0100, Mark Visser wrote:
> Hm,
>
> Just recently i noted growing queue's on a number of my systems.
> Common thing is:

Last september I added another queue scanner whose sole purpose
is to do handle these problems.  Formerly the expiration happened
only when message aged sufficiently, and an attempt at message
delivery was done after that moment.  No matter how many attempts
were made before.  When queue grew faster, than attempts were
made, results were what you see.

The new scanner will expire message soon after expiry timer,
if at least one try is done during message lifetime within
the scheduler.   If no attempts have been done, A NEW TIMER
needs to expire:  (see  proto/scheduler.conf(.in))
	# If the message has not been successfully delivered in
	# expiry+expiry2  time, the message will be expired
	# from the queue even without single delivery attempt.
	expiry2=2d

There is _no_ hard-wired default value, configuration must set it.

  /Matti Aarnio