Zmailer problem

I am having a problem with zmailer... we had approximately 120,000
emails queue up for sending in zmailer (anti-virus server was accepting
msgs too slowly).. (so I suppose they are all in the scheduler queue)..
All of a sudden it stopped sending any mails at all.

The server has a "max file handles limit of 8192 reached" message on the
console. A reboot appeared to fix the problem.. but a second reboot was
done and found it stopped sending again.

Very little is running on the server other than zmailer.. so my first
thought was that zmailer must be using up the filehandles.. (but only
sometimes??? Because after a reboot it worked perfectly..)..

Anyway.. now the box is not sending any mail at all and I hesitate to
continually reboot the box until it comes up okay...

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Luke Galea
Software Development
BlueCat Networks
905-762-5225