Re: parent router leaks file descriptors

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 03:47:39PM +0400, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> [I sent this a few days ago but apparently it got lost]
> [Failed second time, possibly example message triggered spam filter?]

  Yes it did.  m/[\200-\377]{5}/  -pattern rule..  E.g. 5 or more
  consequtive chars with high bit set..  Bites on russian, and
  chinese/korean spams.  I found the "BOUNCE" from among the flood
  of "genuine spam" in my trash-pile (some call it: inbox)...

> I was bitten by a problem: when child routers die (with segfault, I am
> attaching a message that triggers this) the parent preocess forks a new
> child but in process of that, it eventually runs out of file descriptors
> and fails to start any more children.  Then it starts to just busyloop
> on pipe() call (if memory serves; anyway on some call that fails with
> indication of no more descriptors).
>
> This is a header of a message causing segfault:
>
> [not including the message this time]

  Hmm.. seg-faults should not happen, neither leaks...
  I have things to debug, thanks for the experiment case.