Re: message id handling

in smtpserver/smtpdata.c (v 2.99.55), there is:

#ifdef USE_ANTISPAM_HACKS
        if (CISTREQN(linebuf, "Message-ID:", 11)) {
          /* Freeze any mail with no message id in the message-id header,
           * or a message id with obvious syntax errors, or message id
           * with junk after it. These are highly likely to be spam, though
           * they might only be a result of buggy software. (MS Exchange?)
           */

Is anyone actually using this define, and with any success?

-Jim

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Benjamin C.R. LaHaise wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would it be possible to disable the insertion of a Message-Id: header into
> the headers of a received message?  I'm trying to filter out messages
> which do not contain the Message-Id: header, as it is a common spam
> footprint, and zmailer's helpful addition is a bit of a hindrance in this.
>
> 		-ben
>
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe zmailer" in
> the body of a message to majordomo@nic.funet.fi

James S. MacKinnon           Office: P-139 Avadh-Bhatia Physics Lab
Team Physics                 Voice : (780) 492-8226 [old AC 403]
University of Alberta        email : Jim.MacKinnon@Phys.UAlberta.CA
Edmonton, Canada T6G 2N5     WWW   : http://www.phys.ualberta.ca/

for all that we know the universe could cease to exist at any mo