Re: Force independent smtp delivery sessions?

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 07:54:02PM -0600, Daryle A. Tilroe wrote:
> Do these tricks involve using EZMLM or hooks for EZMLM?  I guess I am
> somewhat clueless wrt this reference.  If there is a simple way to do
> the above mentioned '5 successive deliveries' it might do the trick
> for my specific application.  Could you elaborate?  Thanks!

  The "EZMLM" is (to my knowledge) doing email deliveries with
  individual source addresses.  Traditional way to make that to
  happen is to send separate messages for them all thru the MTA.

  We needed something a bit like it at vger.kernel.org, but still
  retaining speed advantages of processing 3000+ recipient lists
  by the routing and scheduling, and then do the customization of
  MAIL FROM/RCPT TO at the smtp transport agent.

  If you look into the source of   transports/smtp/smtp.c  and
  search for string "ezmlm", you encounter spots where the
  delivery is split into individual recipients.  Now if you
  want to experiement by adding some command-line parameter
  to the module, and have them split the delivery, those
  are the places where the action needs to be.
  I haven't thought of where connection restart needs to be,
  if anywhere at all.