Re: Force independent smtp delivery sessions?

Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>
> Of course the _spammers_ send single recipient single message per
session

Not any more. I run a spam honeypot (a Zmailer configured to forward
relay probes and freeze everything else) and I see only multi-recipient
spam, and mostly multiple messages per session.

Everyone using open relays use multi-recipient messages; most spammers
using hashbusters or personalization use multiple messages per session.

They even use PIPELINING, sometimes correctly.

Btw, if any of you feel like setting up a honeypot catch lots of spam,
please send me mail off-line. (Certain details are useful only until
the spammers catch on, so I don't want them in a web-searchable
archive.)

--Arnt