Re: router.cf ?

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 10:27:34PM +0200, Tomasz Nowak wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I would like to make something like that:
>
>   smtpserver puts mails into directory dir1.
>   router gets mails from directory dir2.
>   dir1 is not equal dir2.

  Presuming you want _only_ the smtpserver input to be placed into separate
  queue directory, you could modify   smtpserver/smtpdata.c  at places,
  where  _mail_close_()  are called.  What you want is to replace that
  with mail_close_alternate() feeding the messages into separate directory.
  You will notice that the API of the calls are different..

  Anyway, I _think_ you are trying to run some scanner on every
  message before it becomes routed ?

  You can run arbitrary program from router for each message, see
  router script   proto/cf/process.cf:

	case "$file" in
#	[0-9]*.x400)	x400 "$file" ;;
#	[0-9]*.uucp)	uucpfilter "$file" > /tmp/X.$$
#			cat /tmp/X.$$ > "$file"
#			rfc822 "$file" ;;
	[0-9]*)		rfc822 "$file" ;;
	core*)		/bin/mv "$file" ../$file.router.$$
			return
			;;
	*)		/bin/mv "$file" ../postman/rtr."$file".$$
			return
			;;
	esac

  Normally we run builtin 'rfc822' function ( router/sequencer.c ),
  which does all the work, but see how files with ".uucp" suffix
  could be handled...