Subject: Re: virus scanner for zmailer?
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:26:06 +0100
From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@gulbrandsen.priv.no>
To: Johannes Kremsner <johannes.kremsner@ufg.ac.at>
CC: zmailer@nic.funet.fi

Someone I know did it. Wasn't too hard, as I understood it, but the
result
can't be distributed because of the way it mixes commercial and
semi-free
code. Pity.

Short version: You can modify the router to pick up messages in
POSTOFFICE/scanned and scan the messages in POSTOFFICE/router for virii.
When a message is seen to be clean, move to POSTOFFICE/scanned, when
not,
to POSTOFFICE/virus. It should be reasonably easy to do this using
amavis;
just scan for "\nenv-end\n" in POSTOFFICE/router/* and have amavis scan
the rest of the file.

Using a procmail-like solution scans on local delivery, but not on SMTP
delivery. This approach will catch everything passing through the
zmailer.

--Arnt