Re: zmailer performance

What are you using to "view local mail through nfs"? A POP3 server? A local
mailer? What is the format of your mailboxes? the plain mbox file?

Most pop servers (like qpopper) and local mailers (like good ol' "mail" and
"elm") that work with plain mbox files need to lock the mailbox file (which nfs
is usually bad at).