zmailer performance

Hallo,

I provide ZMAILER (zmailer-2.99.51.52pre3.orig)
and NFS server on one machine.
Everything is OK, zmailer delivers mail on local
filesystem (ext2 - hardware raid5 used)
and clients use access through NFS to view them.

The problem is that sometimes NFS rapidly losts
permormance. If I try view mail locally, I get
fast reply, when I use remote access throug NFS,
access is 10times worser.

After stopping zmailer, NFS replies in 1s again.

I think, there is no problem with disk performance
(local reply is very fast). Do you think, there
could be any connection betwen ZMAILER and NFS and
forexample NETWORK performance??? (network transfers
are about 1.5MB per s. (100MBit ethernet))

thanks
Martin