Re: Message pickup folder?

Hello.

On 25 Oct 01, at 12:14, Florus Both wrote:

From:           	Florus Both <florusb@speednames.com>
To:             	"'zmailer@nic.funet.fi'" <zmailer@nic.funet.fi>
Subject:        	Message pickup folder?
Date sent:      	Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:14:57 +0200

> Is there a way to make zmailer pickup messages from a folder that are dumped
> there by for example a script on a NT box?

I have a strong feeling that you use Samba fileserver for this folder sharing. If so, the
proven way is to use Samba print queue instead of plain folder for this task. Just invoke
some script with /usr/lib/sendmail instead of lpq - and your message from Win machine
will be properly injected to Zmailer queue. Keyword is syncing: printqueue does not start
"printing" before client finishes writing job! Details depend upon destination address
passing technique: propietary header, RFC822 header, job name, etc. Sender address is
always known to sendmail: just Samba authentificated client name.

NB: this message passed from MS-Windows workstation to Postfix at Unix host just in this
way. Humans work with Pegasus Mail, programs (database clients) do it directly. Worms
sucks.

Alexey

> I ask this, as we now use the
> smtp stuff from m$, but that is not very reliable. There we dump the
> messages in a specific folder, after which smtp processes them. To get rid
> of this interim step, I hope we can just dump the messages on the zmailer
> machines.
>
> Any ideas/thoughts?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Florus Both
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe zmailer" in
> the body of a message to majordomo@nic.funet.fi

====
Alexey Lobanov
NIC-hdl: al258-ripe
CPR, St.Petersburg
IT Department Head
CPR Institute
14, 13th Line V.O.,
St.Petersburg 199034 Russia
tel.: +7 (812) 346 82 47, +7 (812) 327 71 08
fax: +7 (812) 346 82 48, +7 (812) 327 14 08