procmail 3.21 corrupting mailboxes (From turned into rom)

Hello!

         Recently I upgraded from procmail 3.15 to 3.21 and users started
to complain about missing some mails which was hard to prove. But after I
tested popa3d things became much more evident - popa3d refused to load
mailboxes with corrupted From lines! At first I suspected popa3d, but after
putting cucipop back problems didn't end. So it looks like procmail doesn't
do good locking on freebsd 3-stable:

procmail v3.21 2001/06/29
     Copyright (c) 1990-1999, Stephen R. van den Berg    <srb@cuci.nl>
     Copyright (c) 1997-2001, Philip A.
Guenther         <guenther@sendmail.com>

Submit questions/answers to the procmail-related mailinglist by sending to:
  <procmail-users@procmail.org>

And of course, subscription and information requests for this list to:
  <procmail-users-request@procmail.org>

Locking strategies:     dotlocking, lockf()

Any ideas?

----
Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar@over.net>
"Love is the answer to the final question you ask" - Unknown