ZMailer "hangs up" on message queues...

We've been submitting messages to the postoffice/router directory int he
format <NUM>-<NUM>  where num is a non-zero number, one is the PID the
other a message sequence count.

I've noted that in 2.99.55 the queue is getting hung up, we foubnt out
right off that a message starting with 0 never got sent, what are the
rules for queue file names?  Or is there any other reason why
router/scheduler would get stuck on these messages?

BTW, it's not just a few it's thousands, and if I simply mv them
removing hte - they seem to get out the door just fine.