Re: Command Line Option For SENDMAIL

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Broderick Wood wrote:

> I need some similar command for testing if an address exists in order
> to automate the mailing list system (Majordomo with MajorCool
> frontend).

If you know how to write a perl script, you can do something using the
Mail::CheckUser module from CPAN (see
http://search.cpan.org/doc/ILYAM/Mail-CheckUser-1.02/CheckUser.pm). This
module connects to the remote SMTP server to do a VRFY command. Some mail
servers don't let you do VRFY, but the module will return true if there's
any chance that the e-mail address is valid.