Re: sizeof() build errors (was: Re: Duplicate emails on Zmailer2.99.55)

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Devin Reade wrote:
> Rik van Riel wrote:
>
> > On my system (which uses autoconf 2.13 because 2.50 breaks
> > with other things) I cannot get zmailer newer than 2.99.55
> > to build ...
> >
> > (getting things like sizeof(char)==sizeof(int)==sizeof(long)==0)
>
> I found a similar situation recently trying to build current cvs
> zmailer on a sparc Solaris 7.  I found that it was necessary to
> specifiy the --with-gcc configuration flag -- setting and exporting
> the CC environment wasn't sufficient.
>
> Although I didn't look at the problem in-depth, I suspect that at
> some point the CC environment/make variable is getting ignored and
> /usr/ucb/cc was being used (and, being a non-functional compiler,
> error'd out to produce sizeof(int) == 0).

I got around the problem by running 'autoconf', which seems
to have generated a configure.in which works with the version
of autoconf I have installed ...

Creating a cleaned-up .spec file for RPM4 soon ;)

regards,

Rik
--
Executive summary of a recent Microsoft press release:
   "we are concerned about the GNU General Public License (GPL)"

		http://www.surriel.com/
http://www.conectiva.com/	http://distro.conectiva.com/