Re: BLIND OPEN RELAY HELP

	You are looking for complete anonymity ?

	By default the ZMailer is configured (and equiped) for
	"Internet Surveillance Project" needs -- it makes things
	easier for ISPs to hunt down the badies when there is
	some real data at hand.

	Some have asked to strip out all Received: headers, but
	I have not implemented that -- See  RFC 2821 about loop
	detection.   Replacing all former Received: headers might
	make sense when the message is going into controlled
	direction.  That is, email coming into a site keeps its
	mugged....

	However, doing security by OBSCURITY is no (real) security,
	so I really don't see point there in hiding things for mere
	"security".

	Lets see what the Yahoo email tells:

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 12:21:21PM +0100, Ali Idris wrote:
> 	web11406.mail.yahoo.com" ident: "NO-IDENT-SERVICE[2]" smtp-auth: <none>
> 	TLS-CIPHER: <none>) by nic.funet.fi with SMTP id <S42117AbRFILVY>;
> 	Sat, 9 Jun 2001 14:21:24 +0300

	nic.funet.fi  saw the message coming from Yahoo's system.

	The Yahoo system got it from IP address  195.92.198.72
	which reverses as:  webcacheW02b.cache.pol.co.uk

	To find your real identity, I would need to make some detailed
	questions to  pol.co.uk  admins, and it would not be guaranteed
	that I would get any reply.

> Date:	Sat, 9 Jun 2001 12:21:21 +0100 (BST)
> From:	Ali Idris <ali_baba_2001uk@yahoo.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: BLIND OPEN RELAY HELP
> To:	zmailer@nic.funet.fi
>
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering, do you know where I can buy a smtp
> mailserver or anything similar that will sendout
> messages to recipients without showing my computer ip
> and isp details?

	What you apparently are asking for is anonymizer service.
	I did put word:  "anonymizer"  into   www.google.net,  and
	got a bunch of commercial services as well as some probably
	free service pointers.

	There used to be system called   'anon.penet.fi',  but
	that is long gone.

	Newer things seem to be:
		- Remailer
		- Mixmaster

	See FAQ at:  http://www.andrebacard.com/remail.html

> I am aware of companies selling smtp IPs of
> mailservers that send messages by blind relays so that
> my recipients cannot see my computer ip and isp
> details on the message headers.
> But, I am not interested in buying smtp IPs,
> I want to run my own blind relay smtp or mailserver.
> Can you please kindly forward me where I can buy such
> a mailserver?

	See that FAQ for pointers.