Re: ssl:sst.c

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 03:17:53PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I want to try to port zmailer to cygwin...

  Does  CYGWIN give you full UNIXish  fork() ??
  ZMailer uses that in couple places, unfortunately.
  (smtpserver socket listening daemon, router queue manager,
   some parts of scheduler where transport-agent argv[] is finalized
   within the fork's child-side.  The scheduler has also   mytime()
   thing which forks off a child-process.)

  M$ windows supplies a   spawn()  (fork+exec) to my knowledge.

  All of those things I mention above can be solved without fork(),
  but I haven't had any incentive for it.  ( spawn() a sub-router
  with suitable parameters, let it start, and start interaction
  with the scheduling master.  Scheduler's  mytime()  can be done
  with threads.  The  smtpserver can - in theory - be rearranged
  to be thread-friendly.   Router can't.)

> But on win-filesystem NTFS i am not able to write files
> containig ':' or '<', '>' and some more.
>
> These two files (ssl:sst.c, ssl:sst.h) makes me headaches,
> i could not get the sources with them per cvs.
>
> Maybe they could be renamed?
>
> ssl:sst.c > ssl_sst.c
> ssl:sst.h > ssl_sst.h

  Yes, definitely.  They are generated files.
  (Although that is Bootstrap-Issue...)

  I just renamed them in the CVS.