Re: Installing and configuring zmailer

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 05:49:54PM +0200, Matthias Gelbhardt wrote:
> I am really new to zmailer (starting the installation yesterday) but I am
> afraid, that I don't really understand the concept behind it.
>
> I want to install the mailer on a server for a school. There should be
> multiple domains hosted on that server (Virtualusertables in sendmail),
> Clients should authenticate with SMTP-Auth and incoming mail should be
> transfered to a cyrus IMAP and POP3 server.

  It looks like you didn't quite follow the INSTALL file.
  At point  13  there is reference to  doc/guides/  directory for
  details about using Cyrus for local delivery.
  Perhaps you missed something ?
   (scheduler.conf  needs modification, and  sm.conf  needs to
    have correct paths.)

> After getting much info out of the internet, I made the server accepting
> mail for local domains (I hope). But yesterday in the evening two testmails
> where put on status deferred on mailer hold. These two mails where
> delivered today in the mornung, a few hours I send them to the server. They
> where "bounced" because I forgot a .forward fle in my home-directory, but
> the forwarded mails look strange:

> Date:   Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:47:47 +0200
> From: Matthias Gelbhardt <look@commy.de>
> To: mad@www.rats-ms.de
>
> But I send them to mad@rats-ms.de not mad@www.rats-ms.de

	The system things its own canonic name is  www.rats-ms.de
	This detail is controlled by  'mail.conf'  file, earlier
	expected to be found at  /etc/mail.conf,  lattest versions
	expect to find it from  $MAILVAR/mail.conf

	Alternatively you rewrote  rats-ms.de  like  www.rats-ms.de
	by saying so at your  $MAILVAR/db/localnames