Re: zmailer fqdnaliases

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 04:08:53PM +0300, Alex Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello gurus!
>
> I'm new to zmailer and need to implement the feature that will allow to
> rewrite e-mail addreses from
> user@foo.bar.com to user@bar.com
> Something like sendmail's virtusertable entry @foo.bar.com %1@bar.com

  Oh, it is 'percent-one', not 'percent-L'
  (Font at home computer has them too much alike, I must fix that.)

  Reading the ORA sendmail book gives me no clue at the finer
  details of the  virtusertable  feature.

  Not even   http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html  give
  clue on if there are more than '%1' for the substitution.
  (Ok, I can decide that Z doesn't support any other.)
  (...)

  Now at my developemnt box (not yet committed to CVS):

[root@mea proto]# more /opt/mail/db/fqdnaliases
@test.domain: "%1"@other.domain
[root@mea proto]# fg
/opt/mail/bin/router -i

z# router fjkfdjkj@test.domain
<mea.interactive@mea>: address: fjkfdjkj@test.domain
(((smtp other.domain fjkfdjkj@other.domain g0)))

  Surfing around  sendmail.org  with a search-engine gave me some clues:

   mailertable:

     .my.domain              xnet:%1.my.domain

  means that the wild-card part of  foohost.my.domain  will be
  substituted to the %1 -- that is, the 'foohost'.

  Extrapolating there that '%0' could then be the entire key.
  Indeed that is so, explanation to 'K' at
    http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/doc8.9/op-sh-5.html#sh-5.9
  tells the details. But what '%1' means there leaves me a bit
  confused..  Nevertheless, this really should be substitution
  at the router/db.c:db() evaluation.