Re: zmailer fqdnaliases

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 04:08:53PM +0300, Alex Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello gurus!
>
> I'm new to zmailer and need to implement the feature that will allow to
> rewrite e-mail addreses from
> user@foo.bar.com to user@bar.com
> Something like sendmail's virtusertable entry @foo.bar.com %1@bar.com

  That needs sort of SED code inside the router -- indeed the '%l@' is
  impossible due to the way how Z works inside with RFC 822 scanner.

  The replacement must be something like:  "%l"@bar.com
  which splits into token chain:
    "%s"(string) "@"(special) "bar"(atom) "."(special) "com"(atom)

  I was just doing "finger excercise" leading to the rewriter, but
  realized that the local-part must be a token-chain, that is unless
  we want to map the    user@foo.com   to  "user"@bar.com   there
  needs to be some a bit smarter parsing of the "local-part".

  Like I have long suspected, this really isn't quite trivial to code,
  and definitely takes more time than I can spend tonight.