Re: Problem with secondary server

Hello!

Matti Aarnio wrote:

> >    The problem is that standing the primary up, messages are incoming to
> > the secondary server. Why?
>
>   "standing the primary up" = "stopping the primary" ?
>   Or "starting the primary" ?

If the primary is up (starting). This is the problem.

> >    When a message is in the secondary server, why doesn't it come back
> > to the primary server?
>
>   Immediately ?  Or never at all ?

Never. Probably, I have a bad configuration but I don't know where.

>   You might see explanation to that question by running command:
>         mailq -v | less
>   (as a root, most likely) at your secondary machine.
>
>   Another view of things shows up with command:  mailq -Q

nf2:~ # mailq
-v|more
User 'nobody' not accepted to server 'localhost'; err='BAD USER OR
PASSWORD OR C
ONTACT ADDRESS'

>   If you have done something awkward, like having *same* hostname for
>   both machines, or have configured your host IP addresses into the
>   zmailer.conf  SELFADDRESSES=  variable, and have *same* zmailer.conf
>   at both machines, that might be the reason.
>   (For normal uses the  SELFADDRESSES=  should not be defined at all,
>    it is for extremely strange fail-over/load-balance clusters.)

My zmailer.conf configuration is the same in both machines, but the
value for SELFADDRESSES= is null (nothing).

>   The messages that have accumulated into the secondary system *should*
>   get sent out sometime, command   mailq -Q  will show you propably
>   some  W=  value which tells how much time until next send attempt.
>   (Or then the transmission is running actively, or there is some
>    semi-mystic explanation on hold reason.)

In this moment, I have mail in the secondary machine and this is the
mail -Q out.

nf2:~ # mailq
-Q
User 'nobody' not accepted to server 'localhost'; err='BAD USER OR
PASSWORD OR C
ONTACT ADDRESS'

what's the problem?

Thanks for your help.