Re: Mail to program disallowed

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 06:12:56PM +0100, Przemyslaw Pindara wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've a little problem.
> all my users have .forward file contains "|/usr/bin/procmail".
> With most users i don't have any problems but with 2 (of about 60)
> i have problem like this:

  Those users have too widely open protections either at their
  .forward  file, or at their home directory.

  For the home directory:  755 OR STRICTER,
  for the .forward file:   644 OR STRICTER.

  That is, group-write access is considered dangerous and puts the resulting
  expansions into non-trusted mode.

> <local pipe.user@domain.com |/usr/bin/procmail 99>: mail to program
> disallowed

> Diagnostic-Code: x-local; 550 (Mail to program disallowed w/o proper privileges)
>
> Almost every users have the same settings but don't have this problem.
> Could anybody help me?
>

> --
> Przemyslaw Pindara

FUNET:  Finnish Academic and Research Network
	Network Information/Software Archival Service