Re: Zmailer and error messages

In article <20001011010000.C26852@nic.funet.fi>,
Matti Aarnio  <mea@nic.funet.fi> wrote:

>  The remote end is most likely qmail with specifically unhealthy
>  spam-fighting datasets which contain "unaccepted source envelope
>  addresses" listing "<>" in them.  Boo!
>
>  sendmail systems don't (usually) succumb to that sort of stupidity.

I have recently seen a couple of sendmail systems that do succumb to
this sort of stupidity. If the remote end says "buildaddr: no host"
then it is sendmail.

I have the "privilege" that one of these stupid systems that I have
to deal with is the head office of the company where I work. They
hosed their sendmail after I told them that they were in ORBS. For the
past month I have been trying to tell them that their system is broken,
but I have not gotten any results so far :-(

So, it may be getting more frequent than you expect...

--
Ambrose Li  <acli@ada.dhs.org>  http://trends.ca/~acli/
     ALARMED? RAISE THE ALARM!  http://www.adbusters.org/contest/