userdb question

Does anyone use the userdb feature of 2.99.53 and is having
success? Can someone explain how this feature is supposed to
be used?

After setting a userdb and running newdb, I found out that
sender addresses are not rewritten; rather, users that are
in the userdb will cause the router to report "[XXXXX]
Malformed (missing) sender privilege data!" and defer the
mail. If I resubmit the deferred mail, the resubmitted mails
will be immediately re-deferred. When I do an ls -l I see
that all the deferred mails are owned by the daemon user
even though the mail is submitted using the /usr/sbin/sendmail
interface.

Or is this fixed in 2.99.54? (Sorry if this is.)

Thanks,
--
Ambrose Li                 <acli@mingpaoxpress.com>
EDP Department, Toronto    Tel +1 416 321 0088 x272